Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hello, Yellow.

Despite being sick for most of the last week, some quite awesome things happened.
I can't really discuss what happened due to it being a surprise...
but I can tell you that if you head to www.backseatgoodbye.com you'll find the first clues.
There's more to be found at the BG forums at forum.backseatgoodbye.com

Anyways.
It rained here a lot of the past week, but the sun has finally seemed to find its way back to Encinitas.
I've been working on getting decent on the banjo, and finally have a song I'm really happy with that has some simple, yet sweet banjo in it (i think).
Here are the lyrics to it, nothing mindblowing, just simple and somewhat pretty,

"Hello, Yellow"
Hello, How are you?
I'm pretty sure we should be best friends
I'll walk you to school
And tell you "You look pretty." each new day
We'll learn about philosophy by drawing on our arms
And build ourselves an alright house made out of uno cards
They'll say we're unconventional and maybe a little crazy
We'll ask them what's wrong with that, Yeah, We'll ask them what's wrong with that
Hello, How are you?
I'm pretty sure we should be best friends
I'll walk you to the store
And buy you fancy clothes and shiny pins
We'll learn about biology by taking off our clothes
And buy some yellow spraypaint to make a yellow brick road
They'll say we're three dimensional and maybe a little lazy
We'll ask them what's wrong with that, Yeah, We'll ask them what's wrong with that
Hello, How are you?
I'm pretty sure that we should be best friends
I'll walk you to the ocean
And make you a sand castle to live in
We'll learn about geography by sleeping in the grass
Our bodies'll twitch to wake us up when we fall asleep too fast
They'll say we're unbelieveable and maybe a little trendy
We'll ask them what's wrong with that, Yeah, We'll ask them what's wrong with that
Hello, How are you?
I'm pretty sure you're pretty much all I need


The main inspiration for the song was definitely the simplicity of the songs on the Juno soundtrack (which is a great set of songs, by the way).

But yeah, that's that.

Random look on the last week, ready... go.

After seeing Juno for the second time the other day, I decided I have a crush on Ellen Page.

I've started collecting some of my older poems together and written a good bit of new ones for that book I've mentioned. I've got a name for it that I really like and will definitely share that with you all soon. And I think there's a really really good possibility I'll have it finished and published by the time I head out on my BG Spring tour, hopefully.

Since I got sick last week everything with recording has been postponed, so now I'm going to actually begin tracking for the new album first thing next week.... so right now I'm just polishing up songs and taking extra time to get used to the new equipment.

Saw Cloverfield, finally. Great movie. Awesome monster and little monsters (personally the little monsters looked a little scarier to me).

Sorry, this still isn't exactly a super exciting blog, 
to be honest, everything just keeps setting me back from the fun stuff (getting sick, etc, etc, etc)...
but I have finally been able to get the exciting stuff in its prepping stages for you all,
so get ready for a good line of just straight awesome stuff coming week after week starting with next Tuesday ;)

Randomness, over.



Alright, all I've got left to say really, is that THIS Thursday I'm going to be doing a live interview/performance on the ever-popular DJ Rossstar's Punk Rock Show on www.idobiradio.com. And I haven't really mentioned this, but YOU get to ask the questions that Rossstar will be asking me, all you have to do is IM him on AIM during the show at the screename staridobi and there's a good chance your question will get asked :)

The show starts at 7pm (PST) / 10pm (EST) on Thursday and is an hour long.
You can listen from ANYWHERE in the world, just go to www.idobiradio.com and in the top right corner you can choose which player you want to listen from, click the link for iTunes or Realplayer and then after a few seconds your player will automatically start playing the show :)

If you've got any questions about the show just let me know.



Shake and bake,
Chad


43 comments:

Clari$$a said...

ahh chad.
i am really excited for the book! :)

Anonymous said...

:)
Juno is amazing...so is Ellen Page...she's like the coolest person in the world in the movie.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Juno soundtrack. It's simple and amazing.
Those lyrics are just lovely. You have such a way with words.
Can't wait for the poetry!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

those lyrics are absolutly B E A U T I F U L♥

noelle. said...

haha.. i think you either fall in love with ellen page or michael cera by the end of juno..though i was already quite fond of michael cera thanks to superbad haha.
juno soundtrack is frickin awesome, likewise, your lyrics give birth to smiles.
sooo excited for this poetry book!
have a lovely week chad :]

Laura said...

I can't wiat to IM you some questions :D ahah it's gonna be fun

Sarah Sunshine said...

Not bad on the song..You should change the "Hello, How are you?I'm pretty sure we should be best friends" it seems like it'd be like two of your other songs. I dunno maybe when you hear it, it doesn't. but yah know what i mean.

have a good week, and don't be sad :)

Anonymous said...

i love cloverfield.
and juno.

seen cloverfield twice.
and juno like 6 times.
paid for it 3 times.
haha.

Anonymous said...

mannn.
i was /demolished/ when Ellen Page didn't win Best Female in a Leading Role at the SAG awards. but i guess she was up against some tough competition :(

btw, have you seen Hard Candy?
Ellen Page does a /superb/ job in that role.


-love the lyrics :D

Unknown said...

okay chad.
hello, yellow ACTUALLY describes my life right now.
you're so amazing.
it never fails.

:)

Anonymous said...

i love randomness
&
shake and bake is the best closing ever.

k. heart you.

Anonymous said...

the laying in the grass part and twitching when falling asleep too fast is the best part.

i'm so fucking jealous of my best friend because his gf reminds me, him, and everyone else of ellen page in pretty much every way, looks, personality, etc.

Anonymous said...

once again amazing song/poem <3...dude cloverfield was good too with the creepy monsters that came out of nowhere.
oh and thanks for making my tuesdays better as much as that sounded cheesy!!!

Anonymous said...

If you were a kiss, I'd be a hug too.
=D
I've seen Juno twice too.
It's amazing.
I heart yooohhh.

Anonymous said...

wow i'm so excited to see you on thursday
AHH!

Anonymous said...

i'm super excited for DJ Rossstar's Punk Rock Show this thursday! i've been listening for 6 months or so and it's always awesome! rock on, chad!

Anonymous said...

Juno was the most amazing movie for real.
:]
It was brilliant.


<3

emiliapants said...

one of my favorites was 'in seams'
because the lyrics are so simple,
and adorable.

but now i seriously can't wait until 'hello yellow' comes out.
so it'll join the other favorites.

wowowowww i'm so excited.

:D
yayy
&& you just convinced me to see juno.

Anonymous said...

I'll be asking questions!
And anticipating your book, and CDs.

Your lyrics are, as ever, beautiful.

Anonymous said...

They are pretty much the best lyrics I have ever heard.

They are simple and cute.

<3

Unknown said...

Wizard.

Anonymous said...

Ooh... great lyrics! Sounds like an awesome song!

Good luck...
Loves ya,

Fla

Anonymous said...

go home and check your mail, i sent you a pretty picture i drew :]

StopThisTrain said...

i lovedd juno. and the music made me think of you. and i like the new lyrics. looking forward to the interview :D

Anonymous said...

"hello, yellow" is beautiful.
i can't figure out how to word what else i want to say.

the juno soundtrack is amazing.
so is the movie.

enjoy the rest of your time in california!

Anonymous said...

Aww....i can't wait for the book,cd,and touring!!! I'm hoping you come to philadelphia!!! or somewhere near there at least.but good luck next week on the rest of the recording.and your song lyrics were really good actually:]

well can't wait for everything and good luck with it!

peace.

Anonymous said...

so the date sorts looks like April fourth 2008. I'm pumped cloverfield sucked Juno on the other hand made me cry especially when the were singing to each other at the end. I'm printnh ou that pic from the web site and puttingit on my collage for texttiles

Peace and love!!! Cara

Anonymous said...

i love those lyrics.
truly truly.
so dreamy

Anonymous said...

So maybe you don't think this is a "super exciting" blog, but I love seeing that you're real. It's refreshing!

The lyrics are great, like always. I enjoyed the uno card house.

Anonymous said...

You should do a Kimya Dawson cover :)
Loose Lips would be good.

I wish your lips would be loose enough to kiss me. You're a cutie.

resident drunk said...

i adore those lyrics
:]

Anonymous said...

The lyrics to 'Hello Yellow' are so pretty :)

Clari$$a said...

chadd.
i am soo mad. i tried to ask you question on dj rossstar but it didn't get asked.
so i tried stickam but my account was screwed up so i made a new one and by the time i got mine you guys logged off. :(

what i really wanted was to get a shout out to my friend brittany, she loves your music so much.
she even made you a card when you had surgery.
ahh. i guess i am just disappointed, not really mad. :(

Anonymous said...

awesome lyrics.
they made me smile. (:

Anonymous said...

that song sounds really cute.
i love the juno soundtrack but everyone i play it for doesnt like it so much =/

Anonymous said...

im so excited for hello yellow!!
and i love the new song clip (like 2posts ago...)
keep up the good work im looking foward to all the new stuff!

Anonymous said...

I would really like to be able to talk to you. You must get a lot of these..thats dissapointing. Well, at least to me. :)

ha. i promise im not creepy.

im just a kid who loves backseat goodbye.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for this book Chad.

Hello, Yellow is beautiful.

everything you've presented to us is making me anxious to see.
and hear.
and read.
all of this.

<3

theorganicdonut said...

Garlands of words gliding on my lips
I stray towards the ones made of indecency
When I sigh in your ear I write wet poems in your mind
I kiss with each letters each part of your soul
Carrying the flames with the softness of my mind
can't burn you not this time
will you write all night long the end of this song
on my lips on my tongue to make glow all the gems

Anonymous said...

yellow is my favorite color :]

Chocolate Penguin said...

hell yes for the banjo!

I've started playing mine again, I have some good old Creedence Clearwater Revival and Cat Stevens songs down :D

Anonymous said...

"After seeing Juno for the second time the other day, I decided I have a crush on Ellen Page"

well, after listening to yours songs alot of times, ive decided i have a crush on YOU. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a crush on Ellen Page too, and I'm a straight girl . =)

love the lyrics as always, and you .