Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Plans.

Thought I'd give an in-depth heads up for what's in store with Backseat Goodbye for the coming months. 

Right now, this very second, I'm in the middle of giving away my most recent album, Dressed Up Like Dreams, that I released back in Spring/Summer of last year, plus my brand new single I wrote just to keep everyone's ears busy for a while with some new music from me, for absolutely free @ http://freecd.backseatgoodbye.com. If you haven't downloaded those yet, please feel free to!

This weekend I'm playing a showcase at the Florida Music Festival in Orlando, then I'm off to California for a week to visit my good friends E For Explosion while they're in the studio in LA. Next, will be a couple weeks off back home before my June tour begins with Breathe Electric, Mansions, and October Nites.

As for plans after that, I can't really say much right now. I can tell you that over the past few weeks off from tour I've been writing/finishing/demoing songs for my next full-length album. I've got about 10 songs written right now that I'm completely in love with that are ready to go, and I'm trying to get one more written that will complete the disc. There's a gap in between a couple of songs right now that I haven't figured out how to fill yet, but I will eventually, for the first time ever I'm not rushing to write, I'm just letting it happen as it comes to me.

Right now I'm in talks to figure out a schedule to go and record this next album in an actual studio, alongside a producer I'm very very excited to work with, but no finalized plans have been made yet. I'll let you know once I know.

Also, on a side note, I wanted to be clear that the new single I've released, "Summer", will NOT be on the next album. It's literally just a fun song I wanted to release to put some new music out there while I'm in between touring and writing. 

As for what these new songs for this new album are sounding like... and I say this without trying to give the cliche' many artists give with "Oh, these new songs are amazing and are like nothing I've ever done before..." but there are a few songs that are definitely... different, to say the least. I've really tried to take a step forward both lyrically and as a musician to make these new songs more complex that what I've done in the past... in a way that doesn't change the feel of what I do. 

Anyway, I'm getting WAY too in depth about these songs way too early, so I'll stop there. As soon as I hit the studio I'll be setting up a studio blog to let you hear some previews and all that good stuff, but that's all still at least a good month and a half away. I can also say that I'm shooting for a Fall release for my next full-length CD... and I'm pretty confident these new songs will fit really well with that time of year actually, so I'm stoked on that too.

I'll end this "just wanted to catch you up on everything I'm up to" blog with this...
Here's a list of some of the music that's been influencing me a ton on these new songs I've been writing:
John Mayer
R.E.M.
Elvis Presley
Death Cab For Cutie
Fun/The Format
Third Eye Blind
The Beach Boys
Billy Joel
Manchester Orchestra
Counting Crows
Neutral Milk Hotel
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
The Weakerthans

Cheers,
Chad

2 comments:

Ayden W. said...

Hey Chad! I hope you post soon,because I'd love to hear(or see) how have you been lately. I heard some songs from "Backseat Goodbye" and they are awesome.
The lyrics are lovely and the music makes me very happy.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!