Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Magicool!!!

First off,
sorry for taking so long to get this posted...
Last week I ended up leaving California a month early to come back to Tennessee to start recording my new album.

I had a great time in CA, but where I was recording just wasn't a good environment for recording...
so I packed up shop and came back home :)

On the drive back I was quite freaked out to be driving through snow while it was negative ten degrees in New Mexico, to my previous knowledge I didn't think it snowed in deserts.


 (A.M. drive through NM)

Anyways.
It's great to be back home now, I spent a month trying to start the new album in Encinitas and just couldn't get started,... but now I'm already a few songs into recording now that I'm back home.

Oh! And I was worried because I still hadn't came up with a name for the new album (now let me point out, that this "new album" I'm talking about is the one that will be coming out this Summer, NOT the one coming in April, the one for April is already done), but on the drive back to TN I finally came up with a name for it, and I'm soooooooo stoked on it.

Let's see...
what else has happened in the last few days?...

Really, not a whole lot has happened...
I spent the weekend settling back into Murfreesboro (and by settling in I mean that I went to a couple of parties and became inehbriated, ha, good times).

My room's a damn mess right now, with all the recording equipment scattered everywhere.
I kind of just wake up around 9 each day and record until about 6 or 7 now, so progress is finally being made and I'm quite happy with the outcome so far.

By the way, I suppose I should mention that there are some new shirts available now at my online store (the little beauties are pictured below)....  also, in literally a day or two there will be a new tote back available that has the same design as the Make Love Not War shirt.
More new merch coming soon ;)

(Both of these shirts available now at store.backseatgoodbye.com)

Other than that, one thing I've been trying to really get together is plans for my book....
I've got a good bit of the actual book ready, but still haven't decided on a release date or anything.... BUT I'm glad to say that later this week (or maybe just early next week) I'll be sharing the book's title and some previews of a few poems from the book as well. I'm also going to try my best to get a final release date figured out to share with you too, so just be on the lookout :)

To wrap up this blog I'll share a bit of new lyrics with you from a song I haven't given a title to yet, here you go....

Everybody knows where the good kids go
Don't say it too fast, go ahead, take a deep breath
In between the angels and the lightning bolts
Just close your eyes and count to ten
I took all your t-shirts
And painted a big blue dot 
Where your heart was
Wrote a little note that said
"This chest is vacant."
Is it bad that I miss the old you?



I hope you all have a lovely Valentines Day,
as for me, I have a date with my tv and Everybody Loves Raymond dvds :)

With Love,
Chad


P.S. - Here's my newly remodeled Bob Dylan poster that hangs on my bedroom door,
I had to make some changes since I'm recording now :)

26 comments:

StopThisTrain said...

ahh. i was waiting for this blog. a wonderful conclusion to my night i must add. i love when the light bulb goes off like that, congrats. you are just getting better and better as you go along down the road. and we all learn new things. ie. you learn it snows in deserts and i learn you don't wear new tennis shoes in Cleveland winter. keeptruckingalong; and have a wonderful valentine's day. i'm sure you'll get another truckload of valentines from girls floored by you this year too. keepwarmtoo:]

Anonymous said...

Anything interesting happen today? ^^

Anonymous said...

haha i love the bob dylan thing:)

and i aboslutely am in love with the lyrics, especially the last part. it gave me shivers..

have a wonderful valentines day, i personally detest the day, but oh well.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for the album to come out. im sure it'll be great, you never cease to amaze me.

and by the way. i love the revised photo of bob dylan. hah. :)

Emily said...

yay a new blog
i've been waiting for this for all last week
and the week before
OH GOD. my dad just slipped on an inch thick chunk of ice.
maybe some backseat goodbye will get him better.
it's always better to record in a place that you love
and a place that makes you comfortable.
anyways. stay warm. it's freaking INSANE in PA. On Saturday it was 50° and sunny
today it's 13° and sleeting.

have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Yayyy. New shirts.
I totally want the make love not war shirt. =]
I'm so excited for all the new stuff. I can't wait for the cd.

emiliapants said...

well, home is where it's best.
comfort and stability, yknow?


the new shirts look awesome.
i was like 'oh shit' because i couldn't decide which one i wanted,
but then read about the totebag.
lmao. red shirt and totebag it is!


oh&&
i pretty much attacked my best friend in the school parking lot with a huge hug one fine day. she asked me what the big deal is.
'what do you think i've been waiting for to come to memphis for the past three years or so?'
"...... that boy who sings the boys&girls song?"
she guessed right.
:D
see you in march.

welookedlikegiants said...

i'm with you on valentines day.
except I get to see Cobra Starship at my favorite venue[ and the side stage!] so that makes up for it
& Enc is one of my favorite places here.I'm always at Estreet cafe or Lou's Records though downtown La Jolla by the cove is my favorite spot in sd:)

Anonymous said...

way to be amazing, i say that a lot but it's true. <3
=]

Anonymous said...

awww you are so cute
happy valentines day! <3
i must get the make love not war shirt

Sarah Sunshine said...

haha i love the new edition to bob :)
Do I need to come keep you company on Valentines day? OH wait, i forgot, i've got a date with Napoleon ;)

Anonymous said...

i have a date with my tv for valentines day, too.

but, project runway is the direction i'm going this year.
maybe a little aqua teen. :]

Nik_Ink. said...

yay for new blogs!!
=).

happy valentine's day Chad.
have a good night with Everybody Loves Raymond.
i think a few friends and I are going go see Jumper.
with all the couples. >.<

can't wait for the title of the book. and the previews.

<3.

Anonymous said...

did you have Spaghettios?
~healthy


love the lyrics a lot.
can't wait.
panic at the disco puzzle-type-thing for summer album would be super cool.
end.

Anonymous said...

it was worth the wait for the blog. =]
i'm deff looking frward to the new merch and i'm gonna try and get me a "make love not war" t-shirt probably. anyhoww. I'm likin' the new lyrics and also I'm glad to see that bob dylan is fully supportive of your recording =]

Lindy Lou said...

Yay yay I was anxiously waiting for this blog! The Bob Dylan poster is a hoot! =D And there's really no place like home, I 'm glad to hear you're having more success there. Really looking forward to reading some excerpts from that book of yours! In the meantime, have yourself a lovely Valentines day and keep up the good work! =]

Anonymous said...

Lets make babies....so yeah... anyways. I am glad you are back in TN and made it safely... Now I just have to wait for you my love to come back to KC Missouri beacause we miss you... =] Um...I amd pumped about everything.. New shirt. New album. A book? YAY!!!

I love love love you...

-Brenda Leigh Kathleen

Anonymous said...

[: I fall in love with your lyrics.
It's like an addiction, it keeps me breathing.
You keep me smiling Mr. Chad.
:D Have fun back home.
I'm in Chicago at the moment, and it's been snowing all dayyy.
Brrr, but I'll soon be home to AZ.
[: That warmer desert state.
Lovetoyou.
-Mary.

resident drunk said...

love the update
and that you're back home and comfy
also, your v-day sounds better than mine.. i have a midterm in one of my classes. lame.


:]
Laura

Anonymous said...

I must say I'm envious of your Bob Dylan poster, most certainly.
I can't wait for the book! Oh my earth I am excited.
That bit of lyrics is lovely. You have a way with words good sir.
I have a date with The Perks of Being a Wallflower for a third time Valentine's Day. :}

Bailey, Dearest said...

that's fantastic to hear that you've discovered a name for the new album! I sure can't wait. and, I'm working on purchasing one of the new t shirts. I just haven't decided which one, yet. but, like I said before, I'm glad you've come up with a title! and I'm even more glad (glad-er?) that the recording process is successful! have a fantastic week!

Anonymous said...

Im really excited for your poetry book even though in your song, technicolor eyes you say you dont like it, but o well....I love your music, i remember the first time i listened to it i was so excited it just makes me smile!

the cristina. said...

gah, i absolutly love those new shirts.
chad your gonna make me go broke.
but ehh, its worth it.

& btw i thought that B. Dylan poster was cute.
just another thing to put a smile on my face.

Anonymous said...

love that dylan poster.

what do you think of the new jack johnson album?

Anonymous said...

could you make the tote say "make music not war" instead? i think that would be cute. and more fitting.

Anonymous said...

You're not very good at this whole Tuesday blog thing.