Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I get lost, messed up, and bored.

Hey Everyone!


(Here's what my desk looks like today, exciting huh!?... no)

I've got a lot of good news, and one little bit of bad....
so, I'm going to go ahead and get the bad news out of the way so that I can hopefully give you enough good to make it better after ;)

The bad news...
I've had to push back the release date of my new album, Dressed Up Like Dreams,  3 weeks later than originally planned. So now the OFFICIAL release date is April 29th, 2008.
I really did NOT want to do this, I've never pushed a release date back, ever.
But I decided this was absolutely necessary in order to present you all with the album exactly how I want it.
I do apologize though, because I really hate when album dates get changed, but please understand that I would have had to rush rush RUSH to get this album out at that time...
and to be honest, I've had a lot of last minute ideas for it, and I just don't want to rush it.

So hopefully you'll understand,...
you will still be able to pre-order the album beginning March 1st, exclusively at my online store (store.backseatgoodbye.com), and I've got a ton of extra "goodies" planned to come along with the pre-orders to thank you for your patience since I've had to change the date :)

OKAY
Now time for some good news!
I've finally got things underway for some really exciting things involving my upcoming Spring/Summer tour...
let's just say there may be a contest involving BG and a pretty huge website that will let you choose where I'll be touring....
just be on the lookout for that soon ;)

More good news?.... sure, there's actually a lot of it...
but it's going to have to wait, because it deals with the new album...
I can tell you that I'll be announcing the tracklisting sometime later this week,
and that I'm going to have a special thing (that I'm pretty sure no one's ever done this way exactly, but I could be wrong about that) to where YOU can be included in my new album's liner notes,
also, I've FINALLY got the plans ready for the BG Street Team and will be sharing them soon,
andddd, I've got the first offical Backseat Goodbye music video finally planned and I'm going to begin pre-production for that soon,
and like I said, there's more, but it'll have to wait.



Alright, so onto a bit more business, then we'll get to my past week.

You know that poetry book I've been mentioning that I'm working on?...
Yeah, well, I've decided on a release date and title...

Ahem, cinematic drum-roll, please....

The book will be titled Monsters Under Your Head and will see an official release to the world on May 20th, 2008!

Oh, and the cover?
Yeah,...
here it is :)


(Please note, this is a crappy little Jpeg of the cover, so it's kind of fuzzy)

I'm still putting the final touches on it, and can't really give many details yet on where it will be available or anything, but I'm working on all that stuff (I'm still quite new to this book publishing business) and will hopefully have some news soon on where you'll be able to get a copy. (I do know that I'll be setting up a new online store where you'll be able to purchase it, so YES, it will be available online.... but as for bookstores, I'm still working on all that stuff)

I'll also be launching a new site for my writing soon that will have all the info you could possibly want for the book, so lookout for that.



Alright,
on to personal matters.

This past week has been great.
Yesterday, I went to see the Nashville Predators play the Edmonton Oilers in Nashvegas with my dad. I didn't realize until the Preds scored the first goal and I immediately, without thinking, jumped out and shouted with my arms in the air (pretty much like it was an instinct)...
that I missed and also still loved the game of hockey so much.
(Because see, not many people know this, but I played hockey for about 10 years of my life at a pretty high level)
And well, after last night I now know that it's something I haven't lost one bit of love for.
So, all in all, my love for hockey has been re-awakened, and I got to hang out with my father, something which was longggg overdue. Good times.

Other than that, 
I've also made some great purchases this week,
I bought:
- a Polaroid one600 Instant Camera (you know, the cool kind that print the pictures out of the front as soon as you take it?)
- the Indiana Jones Complete Dvd Collection Box Set (because I've needed a nerd purchase, it's been a while)
- Roman Holiday Dvd (I've always wanted to see the "classic" movies that I've missed because they came out years ahead of my time, so why not start with one starring Audrey Hepburn?)
- The Mountain Goats - "Heretic Pride" cd (Wow, I love this band so much, if you like them, buy this album right now)


(Some photos taken by my lovely little Polaroid)

I've also gotten more work done on the new album (again, I'll point out that here I'm talking about the new album that will be coming out later this Summer, NOT the one coming in April) and wow, I'm just in love with what direction the album's going.... it's a lot more acoustic based, I'm excited about that :)

Alright, 
well that's all for this week.

Have an awesome day, night, or whatever.
- Chad

P.S. - One more photo, because photos are fun.


(My iCal To-Dos for this month, busy busy bee)



20 comments:

ClaireTheClam said...

Can't wait for the CD/book.

Seriously.

Goodluckk.
<33Claire

Unknown said...

jc the mountain goats are amazing.
hahahaa I'm so glad some people see that.

Lyz said...

Someone needs to tell your calendar that you're only human, seriously.
But I'm super excited for everything you're doing.

resident drunk said...

your blogs are my fave
and i think my ical comes close to rivaling yours :]
hee

i love realizing a passion that was hiding on you. your hockey example is great.

best of luck with everything.
Laura

Anonymous said...

well it dues suck that the album wont come out till later but we all do understand and its going to be worth the wait. eek i cant wait, for the cd and for you to go on tour. good luck with everything.

<33333ashley

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm so excited about the book. The title is amazing! You are quite the clever lad.
Hurrah for Polaroids! I plan on buying one very, very soon. :D
Good luck with everything! I can't wait! (obviously neither can anyone else)

Anonymous said...

i really like the book title by the way :] can't wait til all this new stuff comes out.

oh, and not to be the bearer of bad news regarding your polaroid camera, but i heard they stopped making the film for those D: better stock up on it.

Anonymous said...

Roman Holiday is sooooo good. You should move on to Breakfast At Tiffany's once you're done and ready for some more good Hepburn.

Anonymous said...

Take your time with the CD, I know it's going to be great.
Excited for the book.
The contests and stuff sound like they're going to be great, and I'll be watching for them..

Shawn Horcoff(Oilers) is from the town I live in. I met him when he was a rookie and he signed a picture for me. He's kind of a huge deal here since no one's really done special here.

Hope you have a great week!
xox
Diane

Anonymous said...

wow, chad. im excited for u. good luck w/ ur crazy packed calendar

Hiccup! said...

pumped for this book...May isn't that far away. :)

p.s. -- i like your color-coded calendar. my iCal could totally take your iCal.

Emily said...

yay chad for book release date
and yay for tour
but if you think it's best for you to release your album later than expected, then so be it. i'm sure it'll be 20x more amazing than ever!

love love love,
emily

PS- i decided that "magicool" is my new favorite word

siincerely kara :* said...

not gonna lie, i was a little heartbroken i couldnt get your new album on my birthday. :(
but after seeing your insane pshyco calender, i used my heart of gold to forgive you. ;) super excited for everything coming up!

Anonymous said...

Who did you go through to get your book published and all that?

StopThisTrain said...

ahhh you are amazing.
and those purchaces? rock on kidd.
i want a polaroid instant bah.
you would too, seeing how that is the coolest thing ever.
and you are the coolest boy ever.
i am circling and marking and remarking those dates on my calender [mine is much less crowded?] and you are totally my favorite what you have done with your life, you crazy boy.

Anonymous said...

so excited for the upcoming tour.
and for the new cds.
and for the book.

for this year.
it'll be so great.



~~~don't forget about the spaghettios (;

Anonymous said...

Music Video!!!
One of those is loooong overdue. will it be for the new (summer) album? cause i'm guessing it will. you should totally make it videowebisode 3 if you have any say in it. i know you love that song, and i can already picture a tight video for it!

so you played hockey... cool...ever play any sports that people care about??? oooooooooohhhhhh burn!!!!!

(i did cross country and swimming... i have no room to talk haha)

Louie

lauren. said...

chad = amazing, really.
i mean, i can't even believe all this stuff you're doing..
it's incredible :D
i can't wait and best of luck
<3

Anonymous said...

1) Polaroid cameras rock
2) Audrey Hepburn is amazing.
3) You're pretty rad.

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the cd and the book and everything!!
good luck with everything!