Sunday, March 30, 2008

I wasn't born to be a skeleton.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
- From Semisonic's "Closing Time"

We were sitting in a bar in downtown Nashville when that line really hit me for the first time.
The song mentioned above has been one of my favorites of all-time for years now,
but I suppose it just really takes some perspective for certain lines to really hit you.

The funny thing though, is that the line doesn't pertain to me at all right now.
It instead involves two of my closest friends (which is the "We" I referred to earlier).
But that's all I'll say about that subject, if by chance either of them read this I just hope they know that they'll both be alright, no matter how much their mind fucks with them and tells them they won't be. I love you both, and think you both have grown from what you shared over the last couple of years. And to be honest, I think it's going to make you both even more amazing human beings with time.

So anyways.
I ended up alone at The Weakerthans concert in Nashville last night.
And actually, I wasn't sour about being alone at all, despite what my company with me thought as they left. There was really no reason for either of them to say sorry to me, if there's one person that understands the complexity of human relationships and personal needs, it's me.
But yeah, so here's what happened...
I'm standing there in the Exit/In with my 16oz "Champagne of Beer" listening to the open band.
They finish, and I for some reason I felt the need to wash my hands.
So I go to the restroom and do so.
(Keep in mind, that at this point in time I'm a tad bit drunk)
And then I decide to go outside (for what reason, i have no idea)...
and I start walking for a second, and have a sudden realization...
I look down at my hand (where at the beginning of the night the cool doorman gave me a stamp as he took my ticket to get into the show) and sure enough, my dumbass had accidentally washed it off completely.

I hated myself for a minute, decided I was too drunk to stay and wait for The Weakerthans to go on anyway, and headed off to my car.

Ha. So that's my story about how I didn't see The Weakerthans last night.
It's now my favorite, I was a drunk dumbass one time, story.
And here's to many more :)



Anyways.
It's almost April now.
The weather's getting warmer and the Earth is getting brighter again.
It's going to be a great Spring.


(I think it may be time for me to do some laundry.)

It took about a week's worth of listening,
but I finally really really really like the new Panic At The Disco album.
So if you went out and bought it, and didn't like it at first,
please give it a chance, because yeah it's weird not hearing every song be a fast distorted pop song... but once you get over that and just listen to it for what it is you'll realize it's a great album.

And I just have to mention the fact that Counting Crows' new album "Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings" is my favorite of the year so far. I love it.

Business talk?
Yeah, I've got some business talk now. 

I've finally started making the marketing plans for BG, as well as promotional and street team ideas. I've also been trying to come up with some really interesting contests as well for the new album.
So far I've got a lot of ideas and I'm just filtering through them all now to figure which are good and which are definitely not.

I've also gotten some more work for my book done as well and if you've been keeping up with that on myspace or chadsugg.com then you'll be seeing a ton of new info, previews, and other stuff on that this week.

I'm pretty sure that this April is going to be the busiest month of my life thus far...
and I couldn't be more excited about that.

By the way, in case you didn't know...
I have a daily "blog" now that you can find and follow at chadsblog.tumblr.com
And that is now my newest obsession, and I definitely suggest you get one at Tumblr.com

- Chad

P.S. - By the way...


(Here's the newest BG poster, available now HERE)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stop making me fall in love with you.

Anonymous said...

I love Pretty. Odd. as well, I'm glad you appreciate it too :)

I also like the duck rug that is visable in your picture of laundry.

And I like you and the wonderful words you produce.

#maywisor said...

Very nice blog. I write a pretty wicked one myself, to be honest.

Anonymous said...

I've heard so many bad things about Pretty.Odd., it's nice to hear someone realize that they actually cared about this album and they made real, live, music.

Best of luck,I always enjoy reading.

Anonymous said...

i just finished my laundry, and it feels so good.

and i've been enjoying your tumblr for the past week or so :D
you inspired me to get one, and it's great.
also, i happen to have posted a quote about beginnings/ends there just today.


"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.

-Ivy Baker Priest"

Anonymous said...

I got "Pretty. Odd" for my birthday and I agree... it is awesome. It's a big change, but It's still fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the new Counting Crows record. I've been waiting for some new stuff from them for quite some time.

I can't wait for all your new ideas to come to fruition. :]
Yes, fruition. I hope that made you smile a bit. If not, you should smile now, because everyone needs to smile a little more, even if they are Chad Sugg.

StopThisTrain said...

i felt the same way about the new Panic album.."i have friends in holy spaces" is my current favorite followed by "folkin' around" -i've got all your blogs and sites bookmarked whenever i feel down so i can look at whatever genius thing you have to say next. you're amazing.
-shayna :D

Anonymous said...

You're feeling better(=
That's awesome.

and yeah, I love Pretty. Odd. I tell everyone I know to get it xD

Have a great night

JoleneSummer said...

I'm so glad someone mentioned the new counting crows record it's amazing and as for panic at the disco I've never really liked them I mean at first I did but then I didn't I'll check it out though and see if I actually might like it I'm open to anything so I'll give it a try.

I actually think that sometimes when I get lost at a show and i'm alone with no one I know near me it's more comforting I can just sit back and close my eyes and feel the music instead of having someone to distract me from it.that's not ver relavant but I don't really give a shit.
: )
anywayy another great blog.fersure.

Anonymous said...

I saw the title of this post and I went 'Someone's been Panicing at the Disco!'
Pretty. Odd. is incredible.
Hmm.. what else?
Keep being amazing.
xox

Bailey, Dearest said...

I love closing time. and I really hope your friends get better, whatever they are having a hard time with. it's very refreshing to hear that you like panic's cd. I'm still not completely sold on it, but I'm working on it.
p.s. I can't wait for the new album. I have it set on my calender, because I'm a creep. : )

Anonymous said...

this really doesnt have anything to do with the blog you just posted but hopefully you could post a blog about this,but since you live in TN and its been 40years since Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. was shot i just curious about your feelings since you live in the state he died in

Anonymous said...

I JUST realized that the title is from 'She's a Handsome Woman'

Anonymous said...

Pretty. Odd. is definitely a notch above panic's previous work. In my book, any way. They've obviously matured, and some fans just haven't caught up yet. Plus, those trumpet parts are totally boss. and the harmonica. swoooon.

April 29th is a big day for me. I two new records to buy: BG & FTSK.

Unknown said...

i've had pretty. odd. on repeat ever since it came out. <3 it's nice to hear that other people like it as well, and i'm not the only one. i need to get that new counting crows album, i didn't know it had come out yet.

sort of unrelated but not quite, i just put technicolor eyes on my myspace. your songs make me smile. :]