Monday, March 17, 2008

The rest will come when it comes along.

Well well well...
so as you may (or may not) know,
this past weekend I played my first shows of 2008.

The first was in Memphis,
I now officially love that town and the people in it.
That was a fucking great show to kick off a year full of shows with.
A big thanks goes out to Won't Look Back Booking, Taylor and Ryan, you guys 'effing rock.
I'm definitely looking forward to heading back down there on tour later this year.

The second was in my hometown, Clarksville....
and it was a house show where I saw a ton of old friends and made some awesome new ones.

A little note to the music industry...
Hi, sorry but music isn't dead, over the weekend I played in two completely different settings in which every person was there simply because they love a little thing called music.
If you think that independent music is dead, then you had better open your eyes, because it's alive as it's ever been and I can assure you that it's all growing in every aspect no matter what your damn internet headlines read.

So to all of you that are skeptic about the state of the music industry today all I have to say is this...
Music is a living and breathing thing,
the people making it are the heart,
the people singing along are the lungs,
we're all still alive and well in perfect harmony and it's a beautiful thing.
So if you think it's all in a decline, then you need to take a step outside of your bedroom door and open your ears, because I'm here to tell you that there are concert halls and living room walls singing louder than they ever have right now.


Ha, hopefully that doesn't sound too bitter,
I'm just tired of hearing so many people say that the future of music is fucked,...
when in all reality it's not fucked, it's just that the people saying that aren't doing it right (or even for the right reasons for that matter).

So, anywayssssssss!
This week I will be completely wrapping up all work on Dressed Up Like Dreams!
I've still got a bit of post production work to do on some songs and a good bit of the artwork to finish, but after Wednesday it will all be done, and then it will be time to get this baby pressed and ready for your eyes and ears :)

Tomorrow a photographer will be coming to my apartment for a quick photoshoot to go along with a feature interview that's going to be in a Nashville paper that I thought I would never ever ever ever ever be featured in, so I'm excited beyond belief to say the least.

Let's see,...What else?
I don't think I have anything that's actually cool to talk about right this second...
but I'll be posting another blog on here later this week, because I'll finally have a bunch of stuff about the new album to share with you all....
so this blog might actually get a bit interesting this week ;)

Au Revior,
Chad


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing.
Once again :]

I love the titles of your blogs, theyre always a line from an awesome song. The Rocket Summer this week, awhile back Motion City Soundtrack....gah.Aaaaand, your message to the music industry is absolutely true.

Anyways, Im super excited about your cd...and even more excited for your tour. Cannot wait for more new stuff....and your book in just a few weeks.

Hope your week is awesome ;]



--Jordan

Anonymous said...

Finally you inspired me to make one these things it's a great way to vent : )

&& Yes music is definetly alive there are still musicians who love what they do and are in it for the right reasons and not just for the fame. (which I'm sure is just a plus on the side & is like a fresh breath of air) And eventually whne they are in it for the wrong reasons they will just end up quitting in the end.

I'm excited about the book and c.d : ) Like superrr DUPER excited
:D

Anonymous said...

"Music is a living and breathing thing,
the people making it are the heart,
the people singing along are the lungs"
you're wonderful.

will there be scans of this newspaper feature?

elli mae said...

memphis loves you, too. =]]

Anonymous said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENING WITH BACKSEAT GOODBYE.

my goodness you are simply amazing.

justin said...

Will that paper be The Rage??? :)

Meghan! said...

You have such a great way with words Chad. you are uterly amazing.

is there anything you can't do?
incredible musician...
blooming author?!

hey can you act? you could be a triple threat, and i bet there are a million other things your good at( :

you are one of my heroes because your such an amazing person your right there with bryce avary( :


ily

-meghan!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had an amazing time in Memphis. I was looking so forward to that show, but couldn't make it because of some prior commitments [which I would have cancelled had I been able too.] My friend went and she took some pictures for me, they're wonderful. Come back soon [so maybe this time I can see you!]

Chocolate Penguin said...

I used to work in the music industry and also agree that music is far from death. To me music is the only universal language shared around the world. No matter where you live or what language you speak music units individuals making everyone equal regardless of your race, creed, sexual preference , religion, gender..etc. Musicians paint their pictures on silence, the perfect combination of notes/sounds to create flowing images with each passing note. Music is a way to express one's self with each note/chord floating through the air sends emotions and tickles all five senses heart, allowing the listener to feel what the artist was going through at time of it's composition. Music in a sense is all around, no matter where you turn, music is in the air, whether its the birds chirping, or the wind blowing and rustling the trees, or even the turn signals in your car.
:)

Anonymous said...

[[[Hi, sorry but music isn't dead, over the weekend I played in two completely different settings in which every person was there simply because they love a little thing called music.
If you think that independent music is dead, then you had better open your eyes, because it's alive as it's ever been and I can assure you that it's all growing in every aspect no matter what your damn internet headlines read.


So to all of you that are skeptic about the state of the music industry today all I have to say is this...
Music is a living and breathing thing,
the people making it are the heart,
the people singing along are the lungs,
we're all still alive and well in perfect harmony and it's a beautiful thing.
So if you think it's all in a decline, then you need to take a step outside of your bedroom door and open your ears, because I'm here to tell you that there are concert halls and living room walls singing louder than they ever have right now.]]]


you should form that into a BG song!

Unknown said...

Another tight entry! I can't wait 4 the album I never liked poetry but I will give your book a shot... maybe. Otherwise keep up the good blogging... man you are a bona fide badass. anyway check you later.

Anonymous said...

i'm beyond excited for new tour dates, news on the album, etcetc.
:DDD



btw~
i decided to make this for you.
D:


http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/merry981/musiccriticscopy.jpg

Anonymous said...

omg D:
the link got cut off.
:K



http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/merry981/
musiccriticscopy.jpg


there~

StopThisTrain said...

"Music is a living and breathing thing,the people making it are the heart,the people singing along are the lungs"
how eloquently and not bitter sounding; i am so proud of you. you are making so many dreams continually come true just through livings yours alone. more this week? woahh. :]
Shayna

Anonymous said...

Will this tour be bringing you over to the good ol' UK?
We NEED some Backseat Goodbye over here... Like, NOW. (:

Can't wait for the CD and the book!


(Too) Much Love
--Becky--xoxo


P.S. Thankyou. For inspiring me and putting a smile on my face at a time when I really didn't think I could smile again. (:

Anonymous said...

yessss! you being featured in a newspaper is fantastic! which nashville newspaper is it, so i can be sure to pick it up?

bethy said...

it's ok to be bitter sometimes, chad. especially when you're very right.

Anonymous said...

"Ha, hopefully that doesn't sound too bitter"

you defend yourself too often.
let people be offended haha.

Chocolate Penguin said...

To the "Anonymous" person above me .. Wake up and smell the sarcasm!

Anonymous said...

(: You're pretty rad. I can't wait for the album..

xo

Anonymous said...

Music is not dead. I would love for you to come sing to me in Detroit Micigan.