Tuesday, March 11, 2008

But trust me on the sunscreen.

Wow.
It's already March 11th?
Where have the first two months of this year gone to?

The weather here in TN is finally starting to lean toward the warmer side,...
thank fucking goodness for that!

I've gotten in a good habit of cleaning my room and keeping it clean over the last week or so,
hopefully I can keep that up, because usually (especially when I'm recording like I am now) my floor is covered with microphone cables, guitar picks, headphones, mic stands, amps, assorted instruments, and of course... more and more cables.

I've started really practicing for my live shows coming up (I've got a big gig in Memphis on Friday and then on Sunday I'm playing a little house show in my hometown)...
and things feel different...
I don't know how to explain it, but I think after being locked up recording for the last four months with no shows I've grown really really comfortable with just the overall aspect of my music and the guitar and my own voice and just everything involving BG in the musical sense.
That probably doesn't make sense, but let's just say that I think the upcoming tours are going to be quite interesting, because I'm pretty sure I've finally figured out how to let the music lead the way instead of me leading it. So basically, I'm just ready to play some fucking shows and do my best to blow your damn minds (now, whether or not I will succeed in blowing your minds is still to be determined, ha)... and I'm not saying I'm some amazing new person/musician, I'm still the same in that sense, but I'm just really ready to do my best to make sure everyone in the room at my shows feels as alive as ever while I'm on stage.

Speaking of tours,
seriously, get ready for a ton of shows all over the US, I know I keep putting off the Spring Tour announcement, but that's simply because it's not ready yet, when it's ready you will literally see weeks and weeks worth of tour dates all over :)

And speaking of that Memphis show I mentioned above...
my set is going to be right before Kris Roe's of The Ataris.
It hit me at the weirdest time last night, all of sudden I was just in my bedroom watching tv and realized, "Holy shit, I'm playing a show with Kris Roe in a few days, wow!"
I mean, I listened to "So Long, Astoria" on repeat for months while I was in high school.
I dunno, it's just weird when I actualy realize I'm playing shows with people I've looked up to for years. Weird Weird Weird. I mean, it's awesome, it blows my mind!... but it's just weird :)

Sorry this is such a short entry, and not to mention that there are no photos or little extras I can share with you... I've had a busy week and the coming weeks are only going to get busier...
BUT the coming weeks also mean I'm going to be able to share a lot more videos, songs, art and more from Dressed Up Like Dreams with you :)

And to wrap this one up I'll leave you with a little snippet of lyrics from a song "The Future Is A Masterpiece" off of the upcoming album :)

"The Future Is A Masterpiece"
Fuck love, I'm gonna keep my day job.
Celebrate the life that I've already got.
With a bottle of something that'll make this day less relevant.
Fuck life, I'm gonna put up a fight.
From what I hear the trend is that we're all gonna die.
So if I'm gonna fuck it up then I might as well fuck it up right.



Until next week,
Chad

P.S. - Go listen to a song called "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)"... and really listen to the lyrics, they're life changing.

18 comments:

Destiney Bell said...

First of all, I am super excited about the show on Friday. I'm sort of insane, as I'm skipping school and driving five hours to get there, but eh. Don't sweat the small stuff, right?

Secondly, I hear you might tour with the Age of Rockets? That would be incred.

And lastly, Everybody's Free is possibly one of my favourite "songs" ever. I always listen to it when I'm having a bad day.

- Destiney

tabitha said...

I mean, I listened to "So Long, Astoria" on repeat for months while I was in high school.

i was the same way when i got the CD
it made high school better, at least for a little while

tabitha said...

also...

this reminds me of andrew mcmahon
So if I'm gonna fuck it up then I might as well fuck it up right.

i really like it.
a lot.

Anonymous said...

You better be coming to New York for the tour seriously : ) I might cry if you arn't. I love the new lyrics a lot of dropping the F-bomb lmao but it's nice.

: )

Jolene Summer.

Anonymous said...

=D

Anonymous said...

Georgia is really nice right now also.
i think it'd be a amazing idea to hit Atlanta sometime, hopefully a Friday or Saturday, maybe around late April, early May.
;)



listen to Hawksley Workman, really.
his voice is tremendous.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE play a show in Birmingham, AL. I know tons of kids who would kill to see you play.

Anonymous said...

a few days ago you posted a bulletin on myspace telling people to go listen to "everybody's free (to wear sunscreen). well, i did and i love it. i looked up and printed the lyrics and now they hang on my wall with a bunch of other stuff and i read them all the time.

thank you : ]

Unknown said...

Your new lyrics are kind of cynical compared to some of your other songs. I'm interested to hear the full song.

-Tori :)

Emily said...

oh chad
i am so excited for your tour and everything. every day i pretty much get more and more attached to your songs. eh...to get weird, you've been in 2 dreams of mine already. but still, it's just because i'm so ready for Dressed Up Like Dreams to come out and i'm so ready to finally see you live! i've already decided that when you come to philly, like i know you will, that i'm going by myself. see i normally hate going to shows by myself, but i feel like if i go with anyone else then i'm not going to be able to fully enjoy the experience. well, my dad can come with me, because he loves backseat goodbye. and me.

anyways.
chad....you're super awesome and i love that your busy with music because it means that i can be in love with your music.
love,
emily!

StopThisTrain said...

i love that song. esp the lines "keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements." and "advice is a form of nostalgia"
and we've all been saying this all along but you are [ i had a lapse of which 'your' or 'you're' so i just put 'you are'] really becoming a rockstar. and maybe us acoustic kids will get to play with you some day too. this blog is my favorite part of my week. i like the new song lyrics too. these snippets are so encouraging.."fuck love, i'm gonna keep my day job" ..i can't wait for this album and all your live shows :] -shayna

Anonymous said...

California?


<3

Anonymous said...

Woah, your right about the song. Amazing.
Cant wait till the tour hope to be there :]

Anonymous said...

you always seem to make me smile;

out of all places to be,
i really wish i was in america to see you perform.

that would be sensational, but not all dreams come true.

wierdly, ive been listening to red balloon on repeat for months,
its even my alarm clock ringtone thing.

hmm, it seems pretty obsessive,
but i love it.

keep up the good work buddie [:

Anonymous said...

yo chad i see u have been blowin up just wanted 2 check up on you i just got a Ps3 4 my B´day with internet so i can talk anytime so peace from your fav cuz ps where is that show in your hometown maybe i'll come by. ain't no stoppin me now !!!!

Anonymous said...

that last comment was from Hometown Kid btw I just cant get this stupid thing 2 get my name in so i put in anonymous. from Hometown Kid ain't no stoppin me now !!!!

Clari$$a said...

dear chad,
you should play in san antonio, texas.
possibly at the white rabbit on a weekend. :)
but before the end of june as i am leaving the u.s. for six months. (unless you wanna play in kumamoto, japan)
i have a group of friends that would die to see you.

i preordered your book tonight.
i have big plans for it. haha.
this summer i am doing a foreign exchange program for my school and i am going to japan for six months.
i am going to school there and living with a host family.
i plan to read your book on the super long plane ride over there.
the way your write amazes me. you truly can awe-inspire me. :) hopefully it will cure my nostalgia, at least for a little while.
thank you for all you do.

love,
clarissa r. :)

Anonymous said...

Sunscreen is an amazing song :)

xx