Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Color and Hue.

This week is weird.
It's Spring Break for the college here, so the town is pretty much desolate.
The parking lot at the apartments I live at is the saddest thing you'll see right now.
The cars look so lonely when there are tons of empty spaces around them (usually the lot is full).
And I don't know why, but it feels like it's just the slowest week ever.
I feel like I'm not getting anything done at all, but I look down at my "To-Do" notebook and I have even more things scratched out and done already than usual.


(Me, in full blog typing form)

I'm still trying to get used to wearing these glasses, it's still kind of weird for the first few minutes of putting them on.... but it is quite nice to be able to see whenever I'm reading.

Now, let's see, what all has happened in the last week?...

Well, there's now a big pile of letters and packages (for the thing where you can write me and get your name included in my new album's artwork) in my floor that's been growing steadily since last week. I've read through about maybe a third or fourth of them so far (I'd say there's about maybe three or four hundred right now).

Also, the presale for my new album started too, and I've been freaking out (in a very very good way) because it's already pre-sold 3/4 as many copies in just 4 days than of all of my other albums did in their whole time being available for pre-order. So I'm very very excited about that.

I've also finally taken some more steps toward getting my book released. I'm finally getting the final drafts of the poems together, and also decided to maybe put a small bit of artwork in it as well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.
I was reading an email the other day a fan had sent, I definitely realized that my show on March 14th in Memphis, is just a week away. And I thought about for a second and also realized that not only will it be my first show of 2008, but it's also the first show I've played since November of 2007. And to be honest, I didn't notice until then how long I've been "behind the scenes" working on new music without actually playing live.... and wow, I couldn't be more excited to get back on the road. Fuck, really, I can't wait to be able to actually sing to you all face to face again! And I can assure you, for those of you that have been asking, that my Spring tour dates ARE being worked on and as soon as they're all ready I'll be announcing them in one big lovely batch :)

Other than that, nothing too exciting has happened.
My tattoo started itching like a whore a couple of days ago, but that finally subsided.
And I still love it as much as ever,...ha, I kind of just lay in bed and stare at it when I'm falling asleep.

And one more thing, a note to the weather of Tennessee:
Please go back to the way it was yesterday and bring Spring here soon,
I didn't realize how much I missed the sunny warm weather until that preview you brought Sunday and Monday.

That's all for now.

Au Revior,
Chad

P.S. - Here's a small preview of lyrics from a new song from Dressed Up Like Dreams

"Calico Kitten"
If my life had a soundtrack it would be acoustic.
With songs about the way I laugh at my ability to love things that I can't have.
If my life were a movie.
It would be black and white with still-frames in color and hue.
The credits would say a simple phrase,
like "You aren't what you say or what you do, so don't worry so much, just get on with a life that you love."

18 comments:

Bailey, Dearest said...

blah.
I love you!
still can't wait for the new album!
and I really, truly, deeply hope that you're planning on coming to the quad cities on your tour.
basically, I'd be the happiest person...
EVER.
have a wonderful rest of your week.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I'm mighty excited for these releases. I'm diggin' the calico kitten lyrics too!
keep it up, trooper!

Anonymous said...

and quad cities would be great, like she said^^^^!

Anonymous said...

your blogs are always so long, so interestingly long that is :) ..if that makes any sense.
but ahh as i was reading it i remembered i never sent my letter. i've had it done and sealed since like last week but kept forgetting to put it in the mail. i'll try to remember wen i walk out to the busstop tomorrrrow. yea, i still have school :/
man i wish it was spring break where i am as well. mine's not until like two more weeks. you should play a show here [dc/northern va] then and i'd come, no doubt :D
nighhht<3

Anonymous said...

i love the way you look with your glasses:]. i can't wait for the new album and book. and if you think time is moving slow, don't think about it. you shouldn't worry about time all the time... if that made sense
well yeah
i hope you don't get to stressed or sad for any reasone
<3 && hugs
-staphy

Anonymous said...

when you're writing, do you ever think something like "someone else could have written these same words. and i'm everyone would say i took them said person. and i would fail." i think about that when i'm writing (short stories) sometimes. it freaks me out.
if you read enough, you begin to realize that everything is just a different way of saying something that was said years ago.
and, yeah, no one is who they say they are. and we should all do the things we have a bit more.

Anonymous said...

i was at your November show~
;)


AND.
i live in Georgia, but our weather tends to be the same as Tennessee's, or close to it.
and i'd have to agree with you D:
Sunday and Monday were so niceeee.
and then today it just /poured/.

:K

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about this week being slow. gahh.
and calico kitten...
one of the most beautiful things i have heard in a longggg time.

thank you.
: ]

emiliapants said...

i never noticed the effect that weather had on me until this past weekend. it was glorious, as i'm sure you know. beautiful sun rays, pleasant wind. i broke out all my sun dresses and fed the ducks. today, i woke up to windows being raped by frost and i simply didn't get up. the flurries of snow are not welcome in tennessee after the taste of spring we got.







&&
WAHOO MEMPHIS.
;p

Anonymous said...

I'm excited. I'm liking the lyrics. My dad is supposed to talk to my mom about getting me a tattoo within the next month and i'm stoked but scared as hell. Does it hurt? =/

StopThisTrain said...

"If my life had a soundtrack it would be acoustic.If my life were a movie.
It would be black and white with still-frames in color and hue."
-how do you even come up with perfection like that? it's so wonderful. and cleveland did the same thing; on monday it was 50 degrees and sunny and today, wednesday, we have a snow day. so after the spring is put back in tennessee, have it sent over here. andd i'm just so excited for your new stuff. you are doing amazingg.

siincerely kara :* said...

i completely agree with this girl above me. ^^ ohio weathers a bitch. but anyways, cant wait for everything coming up. :)

Anonymous said...

My weeks been pretty slow too. Kinda waiting for it to be over.

CANNOT wait till spring, and for your tour. I miss warm weather. Although, this is Florida, so cold weather for me is probobly like, warm weather to you. xD

Keep up with your amazing blogs

<3

Anonymous said...

yikes, i sent my letter yesterdayy
i hope you have time to read it!

Anonymous said...

I have a letter for you all written out and sitting in my purse..
I just haven't gotten to the post office yet.
So, I don't except to get it to you in time to be thanked,
but one day it WILL show up in your mail box....

Madi said...

"If my life had a soundtrack it would be acoustic."

i've always said that. :)

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I ever really thought of reading your blog I mean I love your music insanely it just makes me happy when I'm in a shitty mood && you def. need to get that bok published I will buy a copy and read it probably 25 times(& im not lying I read books in one sitting im a nerddd) your lyrics are always amazing. Keep making music for the right reasons and never sell out.
: )
Jolene Summer.

Anonymous said...

I've been sort of reading on and off, and admittedly, I have a bunch of tracks downloaded off your purevolume and such. I feel almost like a bad fan, for never having been to a show, or bought any music (yet).

Though, I think "Monsters Under Your Head" is the coolest name for a book. I hope it will be released somewhere where I can buy it, instead of having to get it off of the internets. I don't shop on the internet. =/ Ho hum.

Take care.