Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two post-it notes.

So it's a week before my new album is released...
Needless to say, I'm a busy kid right now.
However, beyond the busy parts of my day, it feels sooooooo good to know that every bit of the album is done, and the first pressing is being made right now, and in a matter of days I'll be getting a visit from the UPS man and then my room will be full of boxes and boxes and boxes of my new album. It's hard to describe the feeling I get when I open up the first box of a new album...
it's just so.... so.....amazing. I really don't what to say other than pour your heart out into something for months on end and then one day you hear a knock on the door and moments later you're opening a box with your finished work in a pretty package.... just waiting to go out to the ears of others. Ahhh, I LOVE it.
So yeah, I'm excited about recieveing that first shipment this week :)

As far as busy goes...
Today I finally started the storyboard for the first actual Backseat Goodbye music video.

(Storyboard. And my To-Do List for today)

If all goes well I hope to get it shot and wrapped up over this coming weekend... and then have the video ready by the 29th.

Ha.
On a side note.
If you're a close friend of mine you know this, but a lot of people don't...
I'm quite the forgetful person... I mean, I'm reaaaaaally good at accidentally forgetting things...
and for the longest time I've been meaning to make BG business cards, and I finally got those made today. Now this really doesn't matter to anyone but me, ha, but I'm just so happy that I finally made some so that I don't feel like a dumbass when people as me for a card.

(Simple and sweet.)

On a personal note.
I bought the most awesome Audrey Hepburn photograph (I've had a crush on that legendary lady for quite some time now) for my wall a couple of days ago.
And now that I'm done recording Dressed Up Like Dreams I was able to rearrange my bedroom so that I can actually manuever around my room, so that's exciting to me as well. Don't worry, I know I'm lame :)


(A bit of my new bedroom layout.)

That's pretty much all I've got for right now.
I'll be posting all of the lyrics from the new album sometime within the next day or two...
I'll also be posting a new song tomorrow on Myspace, I think I'm going to post "The Future Is A Masterpiece" I haven't decided for sure yet...
so be on the lookout for all that if you're interested.

- Chad

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy! I'm so excited for you. I love the posters, especially the one of Frank. Those posters go quite nicely with your song, eh? :D
Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so excitedd for all of thisss.
i preordered the album and i love the new songs :]
sometimes it's like you write what i'm feeling like you can read my mindd :]
hahah well congratulations about everythingg!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you Chad!
And I am also getting pumped up to get my CD!
You're amazing times a million :]

Anonymous said...

Okay, here is a random question... but are you left handed? Just curious because I noticed in the picture of your to-do list and the storyboard that the pen was on the left side of the paper. lol Maybe this is just me being weird... but yeah. hahaha

I'm so excited about your cd!! I can't wait to get it!!

Anonymous said...

you are/were a graphic design major in college, right?
/when/ do/did you find time to do those art projects as well as BG?
because my sister is a graphic design major as well, and all of her projects are very intricate and time consuming. so i was wondering.
PLUS.
i'd like to see a few of your artworks. a work of art is a piece of one's self-portrait. and i think it'd be interesting to get insight to your mind.

Emily said...

one week and i'm gonna be in heaven!
i can even begin to voice my happiness for you and for your album

Anonymous said...

I SO WANTED THAT POSTER! jealousy. I got the most amazing audrey hepburn photobook thats more like a scrapbook for christmas... and im in love with it. :D
<3 -Allex

Anonymous said...

you'll always be amzing to me...<3shi

Anonymous said...

Coooool beans.
:)

Deborah Habora said...

Can't wait to get my copy in the mail! :)

So refreshing to see someone around my age like her..versus a bikini model or something. Very good choice.

Nice to see some "Starry Night" up there too. ;)

Hope you're having a good day/night.

- Debbie

Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
No, that's stupid said...

well, you should be annoyed by now at the amount to which i admire you. and if you are not then bless your heart chad sugg. (:

but the fact that you and i have the same audrey hepburn picture on our walls made my day a thousand times better.

Lyz said...

I got the album in the mail yesterday, and I'm listening to it now.
You're amazing, and this album means so much to me already.
And not just because my name's in the liner. <3

Anonymous said...

it's now may 6th and you haven't posted in weeks.
: /
it makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on that very same thing. ^^^ Have you boycotted blogging or what kid? ;tdljkybseojbr5y

Shan said...

so you are my new favorite person ever, because of the audrey hepburn poster, and because (if meredith was right at least...) you majored in graphic design. thats what i'm going into in college! i love your music, too!