Monday, May 19, 2008

Strangers In The Night.

I have no clue when I last posted a good long blog, but I know it's at least been over a week and a half...

So here we go.

I've been in Florida since last last Saturday (the 10th).
I was in Destin the 10th through the 14th.
And I was in Orlando the 15th through the 17th.

I went to Destin for just a bit of a vacation with some good friends of mine.
And basically, it was just a grand 'ol time.


(Here's what my luggage for the trip looked like.)
(Ha, Yeah, I packed 24 shirts for a week long trip, so what?)


(Yours truly on the beach, talking about bullshit probably.)

In Destin I basically did a bunch of nothing.
We all went to the beach every day (played volleyball, frisbee, you know, the usual beach stuff).
I saw Iron Man one day during that part, it was suprisingly awesome.
I also managed to buy the new Death Cab For Cutie and Jason Mraz albums (and a new Frank Sinatra collections album).... all are great, except the Death Cab album is just plain phenomenal.

On Thursday I headed down to Orlando for the 2008 Florida Music Festival.
My showcase wasn't until Saturday, so me and usual merch guy, Garrett had a couple of days to do basically more of nothing.

Then, on Saturday, Magic found its way to our lives...
as one of our superawesome Orlando friends took us to damn Disney World!


(In front of Cinderella's badass castle.)


(Yeah, Mickey and I go way back.)

So Disney World was amazing as always (this was my third time going).
The only thing that sucked is that we had to leave by 5 so I could get to my showcase check-in on time.
However, we did manage to get our asses through three parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios) before we had to go.


So anyways.
Backseat Goodbye news?
Yeah, there's a lot of it...
and it's really really really great stuff...
but I can't share it with you quite yet.
I can let you know that soon I will be able to tell you every date of the first part of my Summer tour, and I'll also be able to let you know when my new album will actually be available in a store near you (and also when it will be available on iTunes)   :)

Other than that there's really not much to tell as of late.
Right now I'm just getting things ready for the upcoming tour and the album in-store release.

OH!
I almost forgot since it's been so long.
But the weekend before I left I just happened to get about 75% of the music video for "Technicolor Eyes" shot.
There are still a couple of scenes to go... 
then editing won't take long and so hopefully I'll have that video ready for you by the end of this week.

But yeah, that's pretty much it...
nothing too exciting since I was gone for a week.

I'll leave you with some more photos now.


(My Steamboat Mickey figure I bought at Disney World.)


(My new baby. BlackBerry 8830. I love it oh so much.)

(I have a good bit of unpacking and cleaning to do now.)

So, good day to you and yours.

- Chad

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your room.

Anonymous said...

ahaha! "anonymous said.. i like your room."

anyways, i thought that was funny in a sort of crepy way.

well anyways, i'm really excited for the video and for the tour. If you can find a way to make it to St.Louis that would be amazing.

Smile a lot.

Anonymous said...

I love it when you post pictures.
can't wait for tour dates!!!

Anonymous said...

hey you should put the pic of you at the beach on myspace cuz yous a babe :)

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say, that last picture of your room, looks a little similar to mine. haha

Anonymous said...

hayy my school's band went to disney world this weekend.
i wish i could've gone and had the slightest chance of seeing youuu :/

Anonymous said...

oh right and a couple more things...make sure you make it to the Chicago-ish area either early in june or late late in july or sometime in august would be good. =]
and I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MUSIC VIDEOOOO!=]

Anonymous said...

The new Jason Mraz CD, which Ive been awaiting for a decent 3 years, is pretty much sex on a compact disc, if I may say so myself.

Yesyesyes, tourdates PLEASE.:D

Anonymous said...

haha I totally understand about overpacking. I went on a four day trip to San Francisco once, and I brought like eight pairs of shoes.

All my friends made fun of me, but I was okay with that. I was prepared =]

Anonymous said...

to be completely honest, the first thought that went through my mind when i saw your picture of you at the beach was "god damn, your hair."
which is a complement, btw~

other than that, i'm very excited for the summer tour, and i hope to see you in the Atlanta area ;D

Anonymous said...

Tour dates would be amazing, please tell us soon :]

Glad you had fun at Disney World.

Laura said...

you didn't say how the show at the festival went! i hope you had a good turnout and everything well!

on a side note: i'm excited for the music video and excited for some dates! I hope you dont forget good ol south florida, because it's just as good where you were at :)

Anonymous said...

So you were in Orlando, and I didn't know and I could have gone and saw you at the festival but me and my forgetful self didn't realize it was last weekend. This makes me very very sad. You could totally come back to Orlando, and I would take you to Disney, and you can play songs for me lol. It's no fair, I've just been too busy with graduation bullshit.

Unknown said...

Good to see you back blogging again bro. And i'm glad you went to Cinderrella's badass castle...1st word that comes to mind! See the Video soon hopefully...keep up the good work...The Straight-Edge Renegade wishes you all the best...:) X

teresa said...

i have that blackberry too, and its my baby. i love it so much.

anywho, im glad you had fun in disney and tour dates would be so amazing. im excited :]

Anonymous said...

Ahahahhaaaa:]
I beleive its MGM studios.
Yes. Orlandos pretty darn cool, with our theme parks and all.
Next time try Islands Of Adventures. Totally the best.
Busch Gardens too.
YES
Mmkay
Come back to Orlando soon:]